Is anyone else having problems...

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

mm_____NE_IA

Is anyone else having problems...

Post by mm_____NE_IA »

Is anyone else having problems holding the color change (in my case to red) that indicates that you have looked at a specific post? Sometimes it holds for me between sessions, other times, not.

The yellow/brown color change seems to equal "NEW" on the old board, this appears to be tied to my cookies and just indicates messages since I last opened the board. The only way I have found to hold a color change (to red) to indicate that I have read a message, is to access that message from the catagory index. Even then, it may not hold from one session to the next. If I click on each message, from one to the next within the thread, the color change does not show from the catagory index. If I need to change a setting, please let me know.

One other comment: every other board I look at is like the old one, in that within a thread, the squence is from old to new. For some reason, this board has reversed the order of the postings within the thread. Again, if I need to change a setting, please let me know.

TIA -- mm
Marty_Escarcega
Site Admin

Re: Is anyone else having problems...

Post by Marty_Escarcega »

From the main page the red numbers indicate new posts. Once you have gone into the forum you should see orange icons indicating new posts. Once you have left the forum, the red numbers disappear irregardless of whether or not you have read them. (they just indicate how many new messages since you visited last)
The orange icons however stay orange until you have read them. Use the INDEX buttons and not use your browsers back button. This will cause some problems.

We are looking at an alternative to cookies.
Marty
"Jack of all Trades, Master of None"