Mark all topics read . . . doesn't

Get community help here, post test messages, suggestions etc. I will also document here changes that take place such as maintenance and upgrades.

Moderators: Harold_V, Marty_Escarcega

xeddog

Mark all topics read . . . doesn't

Post by xeddog »

I am a new subscriber and use mostly the "General" forum. But when I click the link to "Mark all topics read" I am transferred to a page that says the operation is completed, and when I return to the forum nothing has changed. All of the topics that I have not read are still in dark blue font, and the topics I have read are light blue. A refresh doesn't help.

Wayne
www.chaski.com
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Wayne,
Welcome to the forum.

It might be helpful to mention your choice of settings in regards to board styles. I use subsilver, which has a balloon in the left column that is orange when there are unread posts, and loses the orange color when they have been read. You might give that one a try to see if it suits your needs. You will find the option on the page that opens when you click the Profile button at the top of the page.

Harold
xeddog

Post by xeddog »

Thanks Harold, but I was using subsilver. I just tried the others too and I still can't see any difference between most of the read, and unread messages. The only messages that really change are the ones that I actually open up and read. If I click the "Mark all as read" link, it does nothing.

Thanks again,

xeddog
www.chaski.com
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Ok, I'll pass the information along to Marty, who may be able to solve the riddle. He's absent right now, but will be back in a week.

One thing that may be important is that you must allow cookies. Don't know it it applies to your problem, or not, however.

There is new software for the board in the near future, so the problem may well be addressed that way.

Harold
Harold_V

Post by Harold_V »

Marty checked in briefly, and responded to my inquiry. He said:
My only suggestion to this one is to make sure he is allowing cookies. I would ask him to log out, clear his web browser’s cookie and cache file and log back in and try and mark everything read again.
Hope this helps.

Harold
xeddog

Post by xeddog »

I think I found out what is going on. I was looking for the font in the subject line to change from bole to normal, or Dark Blue to Light blue. That does not change until I click on one of the subjects. If I click "Mark all as read", it only changes the icon on the left side and not the text.

Thanks for looking into it though.

xeddog
www.chaski.com