U.P. Presidential Funeral Train (Locomotive Mounted Camera, SD70AC #4141)

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Millhouse
Conductor

U.P. Presidential Funeral Train (Locomotive Mounted Camera, SD70AC #4141)

Postby Millhouse » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:09 pm

C-Span posted this today.

https://www.c-span.org/video/?455350-103/president-george-hw-bush-union-pacific-train-ride&playEvent=&live=&fbclid=IwAR1A-cA3LHS5Tpij_r-H3ZkAdL1KXePhAgzP26vvoSg9zX0ljgUV3PCMWzQ

The trip the 4141 takes the President's train appears to be about 2 hours, 44 mins total. In an automobile, according to Google Maps, average drive time from Spring, TX to College Station, TX is about 1 hour, 44 minutes, so what you're seeing in the video may well be the entire trip.

Mark D
Conductor

Re: U.P. Presidential Funeral Train (Locomotive Mounted Camera, SD70AC #4141)

Postby Mark D » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:03 am

I saw about 7 seconds of the train last night on the TV 10:00 news. I already had figured it would be a U.P. train because earlier in the day I was reading internet news and there was a small photo of a few cars. They were yellow passenger cars. Immediately I thought, "Union Pacific".
It should be an honor to the crew of that train to be the ones to operate that train. A once in a lifetime experience.

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”