R.I.P Burlington John

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

John Bohon
Conductor

R.I.P Burlington John

Postby John Bohon » Wed Aug 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Sadly it was brought to my attention that there is a thread on Trainorders Steam and Excursion section containing the obituary for John Lewis, AKA Burlington John. He was among many other things a lover of all things American Freedom Tran and posted here over the years. I never met him but have communicated a few times by back channels with him in the past. Unfortunately my computer skills are far to poor to post his obituary here but if someone would like to do so I am sure it would be appreciated by those on this board. John was far to young for this to have happened. I offer my condolences to his family and friends.

John Bohon

Charles T. McCullough
Conductor

Re: R.I.P Burlington John

Postby Charles T. McCullough » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:30 am

Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough

Pkgs.

Mark D
Conductor

Postby Mark D » Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:47 pm

Tragic.
Burlington John was a good source for a lot of railroad topics. I never had any correspondence with him, but what he posted was always interesting or at least correct in what he posted.
At least his, and everyone who posts here is still available for reading and even adding comments. For now. The traffic on phpBB type hosts has dropped all across the board. Even Train Orders is way down from only a few years ago. I wish I knew why this is happening.

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Millhouse
Conductor

Postby Millhouse » Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:59 pm

I'm really sorry to hear this. Sorry I hadn't checked in in awhile. Just struggling to find a job as I have been the last 6 months.

Belated condolences to his family, loved ones and friends, and to all our brothers and sisters here on Chaski.

It made me reflect when I read it... I've been reading and participating in Chaski for 21 years. How time flies...

SOO2719
Conductor
Interested in trains?: Yes

Postby SOO2719 » Sat Sep 05, 2020 8:52 pm

My condolences to Burlington John's family and friends. He left us too soon. :(
Today I snapped this picture of a stopped eastbound BNSF freight in Long Lake, MN. The GP39-2 you see, BNSF 2742, was originally built as a Chicago, Burlington, and Quincy GP30, Burlington 947, and even today retains the classic GP30 look. This photo is for you, Burlington John.
Attachments
Stopped eastboun d BNSF freight Long Lake 9 5 2020.JPG
Richard "Tony" Held

"Trackside with Tony"
http://www.tonyheld.hoboandbowser.net/category/trackside/

Al_Seever
Conductor
Interested in trains?: Yes

Postby Al_Seever » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:43 pm

That's so sad. He was a good guy.

Al Seever