4449 April 2018, Close Up Pacing Shot

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Millhouse
Conductor

4449 April 2018, Close Up Pacing Shot

Postby Millhouse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 am

Not my video but a h*ll of a shot anyway. About 6 minutes, 48 seconds in, the camera gets really close to the action.

How fast does anyone reckon Doyle is going?

Reminds me of that 3751 pacing shot on I-10 from a couple of years back.

You know, I don't know that railfanning is better or worse today than it used to be, if my generation missed out on some really good stuff (like the AFT), but I do know one thing. The camera technology we have now (which anyone can own) is truly amazing.

Fitz
Conductor

Re: 4449 April 2018, Close Up Pacing Shot

Postby Fitz » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:03 pm

Millhouse, how did you get that video on here? Can you drag one like a photo? If so I have one on my desktop to illustrate the old (VHS) vs new (Digital).

Millhouse
Conductor

Postby Millhouse » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:24 pm

It's not my video, I just linked it over from youtube, using the chaski board youtube function. First you'll have to upload it to YouTube.

When you have a video you want to share, embedded in your post, you do it like this.

Example, the video above the full link is this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsvY5_0zPow

When typing your post, you can either touch the button marked youtube, or type it out like below.

It creates brackets (no spaces) [ youtube ] and [ /youtube ]

You have to edit the youtube link above to include just the last string of characters after the v=, so the entire thing looks like this --
Again, no spaces in the brackets ....
[ youtube ]LsvY5_0zPow[ /youtube ]

This will cause the video to embed itself into the post like the one I posted at the top.

Fitz
Conductor

Postby Fitz » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:15 pm

OK, thanks, that's what I was afraid of. Can't just include one from your own computer, it must be resident somewhere on the net such as at YouTube. Oh well, you'll have to take my word for the comparison. I don't do YouTube nor any social media.

Millhouse
Conductor

Postby Millhouse » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:58 pm

Correct. Videos are larger files than photos, which is probably why chaski's never directly supported the format. You could find worse places to store a file besides youtube, though. I use Vimeo.com sometimes too. Then just link it over here.

Mark D
Conductor

Postby Mark D » Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:12 am

Also phpbb bulletin boards don't have software to handle video. Would be a nice thing to have, but that would cause overloading of servers and everything would have to be seriously upgraded which means $$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”