261 AARPCO Excursion on TC&W 9/22/18

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Mark D
Conductor

261 AARPCO Excursion on TC&W 9/22/18

Postby Mark D » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:11 pm

All went well. I had thought we would be pulling the private varnish that was parked at SPUD, but apparently the logistics were too much so the entire 261 fleet except two cars were hooked up to the engine and off we went. Great run-by's at Bongards.
On the return trip some of us in the tool car hanging out at the side doors saw one of our own crew who decided to go roller blading in a former rail yard now a roller derby / hiking trail / bike trail has the speed limit at about 20 mph. So, who should we spot but A.J. roller blading along side the tool car. on an up grade he would drop back, but when it leveled off he was right with us. And then he showed up at the shop shortly after we got there. He can really move on those rollerblades.

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

tom c
Conductor

Re: 261 AARPCO Excursion on TC&W 9/22/18

Postby tom c » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:46 am

so show us some pics! LOL

Tom C.
tom_at_srclry_com
Lost somewhere in Michigan instead of Colorado!

Mark D
Conductor

Re: 261 AARPCO Excursion on TC&W 9/22/18

Postby Mark D » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:00 am

When I'm on the train I can't really take photo's other than the 'scenery' along the route which is mainly agriculture fields and woods. For the photo runby's I elected to switch my little pocket camera to movie and took a moving picture. Plan was to put it on Facebook, but that fell through when FB can't handle the format the camera uses. So I can only watch it myself. I have downloaded it into this computer, but that's as far as I can get it.
Sorry. - Y'all should have been there! :-)

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”