261 Rolls Once Again

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Mark D
Conductor

261 Rolls Once Again

Postby Mark D » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:46 am

Yep, same old same old ride on the former Milwaukee Road now TC&W. I didn't go. I just sat on the engine over Friday night and Saturday. Then I went home.
I'm pretty sure they don't need me on the trip too, with all the others on the crew and we've all been down this same 25 (or something like that) mph track.
At least the old girl got out once again. I'm pretty sure her days are numbered as far as operating goes. The noose is slowly dropping around her proverbial neck.
Those who haven't had the chance to ride behind steam, even slowly, are missing something in life, but I didn't ride this time for other reasons.

This morning I was asked by one of the other firemen if I could take his place on Monday and Tuesday. I was like, ????????. I have no knowledge of that engine doing something Mon and Tue. But I can't, and had to turn him down. I just can't do it.
Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

SOO2719
Conductor
Interested in trains?: Yes

Re: 261 Rolls Once Again

Postby SOO2719 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:40 pm

They are making special runs for some group this evening and tomorrow evening. The folks I saw waiting to board late this afternoon at St. Louis Park looked quite well-to-do, so I expect the group in question had the bucks to lease the train.
Richard "Tony" Held

"Trackside with Tony"
http://www.tonyheld.hoboandbowser.net/category/trackside/

Mark D
Conductor

Re: 261 Rolls Once Again

Postby Mark D » Tue Sep 24, 2019 9:10 am

That would be Loram. 261 Special, I think a Loram trip for their employees.

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “General Discussion”