"Cumbres & Toltec to convert locomotive to oil firing"

Railfan General Discussion
NEW! - DIRECTLY POST YOUR RAILFAN PICTURES! For discussion and comments of any railroad related topic. No politics except as relates to railroading.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

SOO2719
Conductor
Interested in trains?: Yes

"Cumbres & Toltec to convert locomotive to oil firing"

Postby SOO2719 » Wed Dec 16, 2020 10:57 am

Richard "Tony" Held

"Trackside with Tony"
http://www.tonyheld.hoboandbowser.net/category/trackside/

John Bohon
Conductor

Re: "Cumbres & Toltec to convert locomotive to oil firing"

Postby John Bohon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:07 pm

A friend told me about this development earlier this week with the advice I look at another forum and read the crazy posts for some comic relief. I am not a member of that group and could not answer but some of the reactions were way out in space. Considering the state of the tourist and museum railroading today if this is all they have to get their panties in a twist about the need a big dose of reality. It is survival of the fittest and if converting an engine to oil is what it takes it should be no big deal to anyone. Some would obviously rather see the railroad shut down and the equipment scrapped. Like it or not it is a matter of time before none of them are going to be burning coal and that is coming from a guy with West Virginia coal country roots. My hope is that at least some will be running. That, my friends, is what we need to be worrying about.

John Bohon

Return to “General Discussion”