For Fitz (And anyone interested in aircraft)

For discussions that drift from original topic.
An informal area for conversations, humor and observations that aren't necessarily strictly railroad related. No discussion of politics or religion. Ads are not permitted.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Millhouse
Conductor

For Fitz (And anyone interested in aircraft)

Postby Millhouse » Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:03 pm

Found today (not sure how long this has been up) that Google has changed their maps again. Now you can do a virtual footwalk tour of the Pima Museum in Arizona.

https://www.google.com/maps/preview/@32 ... qw!2e0!3e5

This link should take you to eye level, staring at a monster aircraft. Feel free to 'walk' the entire grounds. Far as I can tell you have a lot of virtual options, and also due to the fact that the museum is so large itself.

Fitz
Conductor

Re: For Fitz (And anyone interested in aircraft)

Postby Fitz » Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:31 pm

I don't know how I missed this, back in February, and I thank you for sending it. Today I had to log in again, and saw all these messages on Roundhouse Discussions, that I was unaware of. I thought we would get an alert when something was posted here, but I never saw one. Anyway, the first vision was of a B-36. I have been to Pima and as far as I remember they do not have a B-36. I managed to photograph what I believe is one of the only two left, at Castle AFB museum back in 06. Thank you for sending that.
Fitz

Millhouse
Conductor

Re: For Fitz (And anyone interested in aircraft)

Postby Millhouse » Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:57 pm

Fitz...I believe the B-36 at Pima is a recent acquisition. It was stored at DFW Airport for many years, in pieces.

Return to “Roundhouse discussions”