Anyone Heard of the Amzoil Engine Masters Challenge?

For discussions that drift from original topic.
An informal area for conversations, humor and observations that aren't necessarily strictly railroad related. No discussion of politics or religion. Ads are not permitted.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Fitz
Conductor

Re: Anyone Heard of the Amzoil Engine Masters Challenge?

Postby Fitz » Mon Dec 29, 2014 4:33 pm

Mark, I just discovered this and haven't gotten all the way through it yet. That is quite an intake design.

Charles T. McCullough
Conductor

Postby Charles T. McCullough » Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:47 am

This is fascinating and all, but we really want to know if you made it into Lima to look around... is there anything to see RR-wise?
Semper Vaporo,
Charles T. McCullough

Pkgs.

Mark D
Conductor

Postby Mark D » Thu Jan 01, 2015 11:38 am

Well, we were in the heart of Lima. But we were so... SO busy the whole time that I never got the chance. Then, after all was said and done and we were about to leave Lima, I wanted to try to get by there, but was overruled by the other three who noted that we had a 16 hour drive ahead of us, we would be getting more tired as we go and we'd better just hit the road now. - I think we tarried a bit too long at UNOH to see the top five finalists duke it out. Tony Bischoff won first and second places. Jon Kasse, who wins the top places more often than not took 5th.

I, personally, took dead last in the endeavor to see the old Lima locomotive works property. But not to fear, there's a fair chance I'll be there again, if not next year maybe the year after. I'll do a little more to try to get down there.

One thing that held me back was when I was told that it's in a part of town where even a grown up male (if he's white) really doesn't want to go. Not safe, they say, even during the daytime.
I would still go if I had my own car, but we were all dependent on my son's car and I didn't want anything to happen to it. He actually told me to go ahead and drive down there, but I was reluctant to use his car for that.

Oh, and in the end I didn't know where to go because I'd forgotten to bring the maps I'd printed out to get there. I had a rough idea, but that's all I had.
Next time I'll at least bring the map!

Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Return to “Roundhouse discussions”