How to contact Friends of 261?

For discussions that drift from original topic.
An informal area for conversations, humor and observations that aren't necessarily strictly railroad related. No discussion of politics or religion. Ads are not permitted.

Moderators: othermoderator, moderator

Fitz
Conductor

How to contact Friends of 261?

Postby Fitz » Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:08 pm

Hi there crew members of the 261. I want to contact the Friends by email if possible. The "contact us" link on the website just shows the snail mail address, which I guess is a hint. My question has to do with a check I mailed on Jan. 8 with my membership dues. It hasn't cleared the bank yet and I just want to know if it was received, and like a lot of volunteer groups, just not deposited yet. If it was NOT received I want to put a stop order on the check. Thanks for any help.

Mark D
Conductor

Re: How to contact Friends of 261?

Postby Mark D » Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:44 pm

Fitz, I'd just use the regular mail address to Shoreview. That's where all the record keeping is done, and I'm unaware of any direct email address to that place.
The 261 group has never in the past ten years had a fully functioning website. The link isn't "broken" in that it was likely never set up in the first place.
Mark D.
Mark D. - The bottom of the information curve

Fitz
Conductor

Re: How to contact Friends of 261?

Postby Fitz » Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:50 pm

Mark, thanks, and I agree. Ed S has solved the problem for me. Thanks, Ed. BTW I got to ride and chase the Crossett Western 2-8-2T this weekend, and it is a neat operation in a little town, Yacolt, WA, that I never knew existed. Nice people there.

Return to “Roundhouse discussions”